Wednesday, November 05, 2008

The Day After...



I'm going to be blunt and honest. The gospel of Christ is not hatred of people. Whether you agree or disagree with who won is not the issue. When people start saying things that are just evil and ungodly to one another that's where i personally draw the line.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: 18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; 19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak." Eph 6:12-20

Our business as Christians is to spread the gospel. God has the ability to change people's hearts. My Pastor in NY used to go out 5 days a week to preach the gospel to masses. I see now by not even wanting to go that even I had lost touch with what the church was here to do. We gather to ourselves and don't go out and wonder why things are different in real life instead of what's in the world we created in our minds. We can't effect change for Christ if the world doesn't see a difference. I always believe God is always in control and has everything in His hand. I voted. I'm done. I am first and foremost a citizen of heaven reaching people for eternity one heart at a time. If God rules hearts even what the law dictates won't matter. The righteous will be righteous and all will not follow God. Is my life and actions bringing glory to God or show Him to be something He really is not? People are watching you today to see how God reacts. Jesus never lost His cool even headed for the cross. He knew who was in control no matter what anything looked like. Things must happen for the end to come and to not be prepared is a mistake. Pick up a Bible and find out for yourself what he says. Pray not because we need to but do it because that's what God wanted us doing all along. Don't be moved by so-called circumstances but overcome by the Word of God. Don't be moved by the temporal but be inspired by the eternal.

-Shamik

No comments: