Sunday, September 11, 2011

Psalms 23 (4 Translations)


(KJV)
1 THE LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. 3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name' sake. 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house oF THE LORD for ever.

(GWT)
1 The LORD is my shepherd. I am never in need. 2 He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside peaceful waters. 3 He renews my soul. He guides me along the paths of righteousness for the sake of his name. 4 Even though I walk through the dark valley of death, because you are with me, I fear no harm. Your rod and your staff give me courage. 5 You prepare a banquet for me while my enemies watch. You anoint my head with oil. My cup overflows. 6 Certainly, goodness and mercy will stay close to me all the days of my life, and I will remain in the LORD's house for days without end.

(Darby)
1 A Psalm of David. Jehovah is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; he leadeth me beside still waters. 3 He restoreth my soul; he leadeth me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me. 5Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies; thou hast anointed my head with oil; my cup runneth over. 6 Surely, goodness and loving-kindness shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of Jehovah for the length of the days.

(Rotherham)
1 A Melody of David. Yahweh, is my shepherd—I shall not want: 2 In pastures of tender grass, he maketh me lie down, Unto restful waters, he leadeth me; 3 My life, he restoreth, He guideth me in right paths, for the sake of his Name. 4 Yea, though I walk through a valley death-shadowed, I will fear no harm, for, thou, art with me, Thy rod and thy staff, they, comfort me. 5 Thou spreadest before me a table, in face of mine adversaries, Thou hast anointed, with oil, my head, My cup, hath run over. 6Surely, goodness and lovingkindness, will pursue me, all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of Yahweh, evermore.

No comments: