Wednesday, August 01, 2012

I never tell people what to think or believe...



…but I never want them to tell me either. I respect everyone and they can live their life however they want. But don’t say I hate something because I don’t agree with you. Hate is wrong no matter how it’s dressed up. But disagreement is a right we all have. I don’t try to stop people from making a living because they disagree with me. Tolerance can’t be a one way street or you will just have everything go back to how it was. Woolworth’s didn’t make a statement back in the days they just didn’t let blacks eat there. My dad was kicked down a flight of stairs during the first days of segregation. My friends were beat up by NYPD (they didn’t commit any crimes) behind the neighborhood supermarket. That wasn’t disagreement. 

No comments: