Saturday, June 16, 2007

Resolve, Love and Emotions

After a shocking week and a Tylenol popping weekend I finally thought of something to blog about. We all have choices and destiny to fulfill and to get something different we have to do something new we never done before. Most people struggle to hold on to houses possessions and the appearance of success. But we never consider what God really wants for us. Most of the time we make our plan and put God in it instead of seeking his face. Most people let go of relationships that are distant from them but most of my friends live no where near NY. It takes a level of maturity and determination to keep those going. Most people want something from you and want you to give up everything when they won't do that for you. Some people are moved and connected by emotion and think that's enough to base a friendship and covenant on. Yes emotions are involved but when they are the driving force of a relationship that sets you up for divorce and failure. To last at anything you must have resolve. Love is a decision not a emotion. Unconditional love goes beyond a person's actions and is not moved. The number one example is God's love for us. If an action can change how you feel about someone it's emotionalism. The closer we get to God the more we understand love because He IS love. Check out 1 Corinthians 13 and see if your feelings or relationships line up with that. If actions change how people feel about you there was really nothing solid there in the first place. The truth is even when I stop hanging with somebody after a conflict if I truly love them that will never stop. There's people I love that I know I can never be with because it wouldn't be healthy for both of us but the love I have for them has always remained. I just learned how not to let my emotions control my decision process and to seek the Lord. Even if you make a wrong turn in people's eyes love should still be there. I know people want to give you advice based on what they want or see but if you do that you just bought their lifestyle for yourself. It time to think outside the box people and learn to bed led by God no matter what the cost may be because people won't see the benefit until down the road when the evidence of the decision made is manifested. Thanks for reading.

Shamik
John 3:8

No comments: