Saturday, July 21, 2007

Non-negotiable

There are many way you are seen and operate depending on the relationships and purposes that God has for your life. These are the "boxes" that people put you in. There are many "giftings" that God has placed in my life but there is a calling that goes beyond my ability and is my destiny. My love for multiple genres of music has always kept me from getting what I call one dimensional. There are so many aspects of music that even those who do it don't try to understand because it doesn't relate to them. The same thing with things in people's lives around them. The selfish nature of man seeks for what they can relate to and gravitate in people around them. The uniqueness of an individual is not celebrated but opposed because we determine things by what Apostle Paul calls the "vanity of our minds" and label it God. What happens when we do that is we can damage what God wants in a individual's life based on what we have deducted and not being led by the Spirit of God what to speak into a life. Our words have the power to build and destroy. Jesus said, "My words are spirit and life." Any words not from God must naturally produce death. Since we can serve in different capacities as we minister in different places we confuse somebody's "service" to us as their call. For example for one of my friends I am just a servant to his ministry but they recognize the call of God on my life even though around them that is what I do. To some people I'm just a beat maker. To other people I'm just an engineer. Some people see my talent and ignore the spiritual gifts God have placed in my life. Does that supposed to effect us. No. Does it many times. Yes. What if Jesus based His whole ministry on the response of his hometown. He would have quit. We do that a lot. The town did not receive what Jesus had and it had nothing to do with Him. When our peers, fellow church members and etc. reject the gifts god placed on you they miss out. We are vessels to pour out God life and love but the recipient must receive it. Jesus had great miracles but when people get close to you they know by the flesh (which is not the real you but only a house) they think they already know you. That's not the real you. The real you is your Spirit. You body (flesh) will die and be buried on earth. You will get a new body in heaven. What people judge you by is not the real you. Don't let somebody's reaction to what they want from your life stop you. Whatever God tells you to do must be non-negotiable. Nobody should have the authority to change what He commands you to do. What people do is judge you and use you to fulfill what they want. They try to play you soft for humbling yourself and being a servant. I cry for them because the very thing they sow they will reap harder than they sowed it. It's time to do what God has called us to do no matter if we need to change something, cut people off or not do what everybody thinks you should be doing. We have the Holy Spirit to be led from our hearts and not any outside source. God's will for our lives should be Non-negotiable.

No comments: