Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A Spiritual Connection

At the age of ten I had a vision. I was a fairly new Christian at the time but I didn't understand. I saw flashes of places I was going through and where I would eventually be. From the age of ten I have known what God has wanted me to do in this earth. Including singing, worship, preaching and eventually Pastoring. For many years I have dealt with people labeling me and "telling" me what God has wanted from my life. Sometimes I have just had to move on because frustration would be inevitable in certain environments. The problem was people try to become familiar with your talents, traits and personality and from that they determine who you are and what you can do. But there have been a few moments in my life where men of God have spoken into my life and it resounded inside of me and bore witness with everything. The Word of God is our standard and the final authority. Sin severed the spiritual connection God had with man. When God gives us Eternal Life through Jesus Christ we have to learn to live by faith as opposed to our emotions and mindsets. I realize what I have desired in life, relationships and everything is a spiritual connection that can only be produced when God is in the middle of what you are doing. It is the peace that passes understanding. It is that being on the same page because God is ordering your steps. It is not the absence of problems but the presence of God so tangible that no matter how it looks you know in your spirit this is right. How can to walk together lest they agree? For a relationship to be established there has to be agreement on a certain level and not necessarily the highest level. Agreeing with God is the highest level of agreement where you submit your will to His and offer yourself a living sacrifice. It is total obedience even when your mind, will and emotions don't agree. It is taking His Word over every fiber of your being and what you think you know. This relationship is the glue to any other relationship in your life. Death to self will help you to be successful in any relationship. Balance is the key to life. Both parties must be as equally committed to the other in spiritual things for it to work. The natural everyday will change or not change over the years. The spiritual connection is the foundation that will determine how any relationship will grow. Some people will not follow God with reckless abandon and that's okay. But if they try to connect to someone who will it will be a strain on the relationship. Perception and what a person is willing to do is important. These things can't be taken lightly or avoided. When a person is connected to God they will be able to hear what God is saying concerning you and be obedient to do what God wants done. Don't settle for the familiar connection, trust God and wait for the spiritual connection.

No comments: