Saturday, April 24, 2010

Stay Focused On God

The thing about when God tells you something is going to happen it never happens the way you envision it. Why? Because Go know the beginning from the end and you are going through the journey. The perspectives are totally different. I really am not one to doubt anything God tells me but now I have gone another step to not question the process and obey at every step. The temptation to explain why something is happening or do something because "I know what God told me" is gone ever since in WV I let God work it out. I knew it was coming but when things happened I had not even considered the ways God did. We must trust and follow him. We need to be in His presence not to just get what we need but to honor and worship Him. To be instructed by Him just for this day. The solution never comes from from an outer source, just the confirmation.

Hebrews 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

1 In the past God spoke to our ancestors at many different times and in many different ways through the prophets.
2 In these last days he has spoken to us through his Son. God made his Son responsible for everything. His Son is the one through whom God made the universe.(GWT)

Christianease has made a falsehood that we must guide others a certain way. The truth is when dealing outside ourselves (Especially in leadership) we must be sensitive to God's spirit on how to correct and handle people. We are not guiding them but Holy Spirit is the one leading them to the place He created them to be. Christianease has made it acceptable to impose what Go has placed in our hearts for us on others. This does not anger me anymore. It grieves me now. Assumption is a tool of the devil. You cannot go by what you know in the things of God. You must be led by His spirit and guided by His Word. Not who said it and that this person endorses it. The selfish approach to Christianity is for many years has sustained many things God didn't instruct us to do. It's not always what is said and done, it is in the spirit of what things are said and done. God had to show me myself in the mirror of the Word. The perspective and motive you pick up the Word in will be reflected spiritually. We can deceive ourselves believing we are just helping others. After the Lord showed me this I'm so careful in my day to day even what I say to friends as far as advice. Most times if God tells me to not say anything I just pray God's will for them and the Word for their situation. Subtlety is a weapon the adversary uses and we can get off on a tangent so easy. We need to stay focused on what the Lord told us to do.

No comments: