Thursday, October 06, 2011

That Awkward Moment in your life you realize people just don't do the right thing just because it's right. (Sadly it still happens to me.)

I guess I stopped lying to my mom around the age of 16. She rewarded me for telling the truth and punished me more severely when i lied. I guess that's when i started getting honest. Now that doesn't mean I all together stopped lying at that time but she laid the ground work for it. I remember being a young department head and misusing our battery supply for the wireless mics and I straight told the Assistant Pastor the truth of our negligence but already had a solution in place. Another staff member was like, " i couldn't just come out and tell the truth like that. I didn't respond but it really struck me as odd. I thought being more like Jesus the closer we got to Him was the goal. Many times I've been punished and cut off for making the move that takes integrity. Christianity is not a business or a livelihood to me. It's my life. Don't get me wrong as leaders you will have to make hard decisions that you may not agree with and do tough things but it should be according to the Word of God and not opinion, society or anything else. Integrity and character go a long way when you meet the people God sends into your life. it make the others separate themselves from you. Everyone cares to a point. But the compassion you have that Christ puts in your heart with easily surpass that. The selfish nature of sin and this world system goes against that. When you let it seep into the church this feeling of disappointment start to get widespread and is a seed to apathy. People are looking for the example of Christ in our lives. They want something different. We can't afford to misrepresent Christ when we get a chance to minister to the lost and backslider. By living Christianity and not only demonstrating it in times of connivence we give people the opportunity to see the tangible difference.

Acts 1:8 "But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth." -Jesus

No comments: