Tuesday, May 11, 2010

You decide.

Your outlook can "color" the way you see things. A lot of times I used to just go by my own perception and really miss out on a lot. You should never make an emotional decision because your emotions are based on temporal feelings of a given moment. When an important decision is made we need to step away from that situation and look at it as many ways as we can. The most important things is to know what God wants us to do in that situation. That overrides everything including our emotion. When we make decisions the wrong way and believe we're right it puts us on a string of events we will regret down the line. There will be a lot of explaining to do and you will realize assumption and gossip blew things out of proportion. I used to play "mind games" and "push" people away for various reason when I didn't want to do what I knew in my heart of hearts I'm supposed to. I was upset and I wasn't having it. In reality that was no different from when Moses struck the rock instead of speaking to it because he was angered. We look at things in the moment and say what we are and not going to do. Then we indoctrinate our friends against something and later on when we need to do the right thing they are like "huh", "what?" all because we got emotional and spoke into our lives out of that moment. As a musician and worshipper my emotions are needed to do what God has called me to do. I used to turn them off and say "forget it" and that's not a solution. The proper way is to put my emotions in the proper place that God made them for and not to make decisions from that place but from God's Word and leading. Will you let how you feel, your hurt or emotional state destroy the destiny God has for you? You decide.

No comments: