Friday, January 27, 2012

Trust

I really value relationships in my life but quickly trusting people and just letting them in my life is another story. I really don't like to move fast unless I feel a nudge from God for a divine connection or if something strikes me quickly. My early church experience didn't help. I was more outgoing and friendly before I came to church and got saved. Being in a legalistic setting where grace wasn't properly understood and applied really hurt a lot in my life. (Hindsight is always 20/20.)  Ocne I found trust and comfort in God I became leery of people who wanted you to trust them and to expel others out of your life for them. I hate manipulation with a passion. Over the years I've learned to put my trust in God and not anything sway or take it off of Him. All my hopes and dreams and visions He placed in my heart. My obedience to Him and His Word is what can shape my life into what He has destined me to be. As far as marriage I don't really want to fit but rather complete. My relationships I want iron to sharpen iron. I can depend on God for every nuance of my life and that's what I'm striving for. Anyone I walk with I want them to have a love of God and a desire to live beyond mediocrity. His spirit in that person will bring down the walls because indeed I am still trusting Him overall. Not that I won't be disappointed or that people won't fail me it's more that I won't depend on what people do or don't do. It's not being bound to a mindset or opinion. It's freedom in trusting the one who knows the end from the beginning. My faith and trust is in Jesus Christ. 

No comments: