Saturday, August 11, 2007

The "So-called" Disapointments of Life

In this world the sad truth is that your peers never truly accept you as a authority on anything even if your track record shows they should. I find it takes an extraordinary person or your "soul-mate" to see value in you at the peer level. Me and a bunch of friends went out after a Christian event with now a "former" close friend. Every time I saw this dude after high school he would try to choke down my throat what he was doing. I was with a new friend then and they wondered why the person acted like they didn't know me. (Which was the subject between a few of us when he didn't come the next time.) It was hilarious to me because until it was brought up I really didn't think or care about it until I was asked and replied there is nothing I can do about another's actions. The sad part of life (and I've been guilty of this) is that we try to change or control (manipulate) people. We try to change people's habits to fit how we approach them. We want them to be influenced by our influences. We want them to reflect our vision for them. I'll give an example. I never check my phone messages unless it's a call with no texting capabilities. People just leave messages as if I will change for them when my message warns them of this and instructs them to leave a text. (I'm usually in a session, church or somewhere I can't use my phone.) The funny thing is they get upset when I have no clue about what they're telling me because I didn't check my messages. We demand from peers but never listen. We force friends to do stuff and find they really don't respect us. We do them big favors and get pissed on (excuse me but I need to make a point with that). The sad thing is these mindsets and peer conflicts are because we connect our identity to what we do. My first "friend" disrespected me when I stopped rapping in 1999 and started calling me rap deficient no not because of his concern, but because he felt he was losing a free engineer and free beats (which he never got or was getting I might add). This attitude comes from the very root of sin. Let me ask. What sin was there in the garden of eden? No fornication, murder, stealing or etc. It was selfishness and pride the same thing that got Satan kicked out of heaven. ("You will be as gods..." when they were made in the image of God.) I is in the center of sIn. The other sins are because of that. Fornication is selfish because you don't want the responsibility of a covenant but you want sexual gratification. Lust is selfish because it's about how another person turns you on. I can go down the list and prove the root of sin is selfishness and pride. This is why as true Christians God calls us to die to ourselves so He can work through us. When you die to yourself you could care less what people do to you. You feel sorry because God is your defender and has put the law of seedtime and harvest in effect as the earth remains. We can let God make our lives or make our own lives. The sad part is when we make ourselves we don't have the power to maintain it. "When it all falls down" we know God didn't make it because He didn't maintain it. When God makes us the "so-called" disappointments of life won't touch us because we know we are not what we do but rather we are who God says we are, we have what He says we have and we can do what He says we can do.

Later.
-Shamik

No comments: